Quality preparation. Premium results.
2016 5-Year Workmanship Guarantee (Conditions Apply)
From July 2016, Master Painters Services is offering homeowners a written five-year workmanship guarantee when they hire a Master Painter and choose to use one of the Approved Product Lines. Simply ask Paint It to complete the Guarantee Application and forward it to Master Painters Services for acceptance prior to commencement of any work.
Under the guarantee, Master Painters Services will ensure that any workmanship defects discovered within five years of completion are remedied up to the value of the lessor of $50,000 incl of GST or the Contract Price. The key point of difference is that, should your contractor cease trading for any reason, the workmanship is still covered by this document.
About the Guarantee (simplified summary of terms):
- The Guarantee is not automatic
- The full documentation is available for members of Master Painters New Zealand in the members only section of this website.
- The Master Painters Guarantee is an option for Residential Customers only where Approved Product Lines are going to be used.
- The documentation must be filled in and forwarded to Master Painters Services for completion or response prior to the commencement of any work.
- It is the contracting member’s responsibility to pay the fee associated with the Guarantee to Master Painters Services.
- For the Guarantee to become effective confirmation from Master Painters Services must be completed and all work relating to the contract paid for in full.
- The Guarantee is transferable from a builder/developer or client to the next owner of a residence. There is a process to follow to register such a change.
- The Guarantee once issued does not absolve the member from their normal responsibilities in respect to standards of workmanship and rectification.
- The Guarantee does not negate consumer rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
- The key point of difference is that, should your contractor cease trading for any reason, the workmanship is still covered by this document.
To view the full Workmanship Guarantee please select the link below:
- Workmanship Guarantee Document (763.49 KB)
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
Not convinced? Read what our clients have to say about working with us.